Till now Xiaomi used to sell its smartphones online where it has completely changed the dynamics of sales. Now it has made its foray into offline sales with first “Mi Home” opened at Phoenix Marketcity Mall in Bengaluru. And it seems, it will take the offline market by storm.
The first sale happened on 20th May and the sales figure are nothing short of exemplary for a single store. Let’s have a look at them:
- Revenue : Sales worth INR 5 Crore (USD 775000) within first 12 hours
- Attendance : More than 10000 Mi Fans visited the store
- Mi fans from as many as 10 different states including such as Gujarat, Maharashtra, MP, Odisha, AP, Telangana, UP etc visited the store. People started lining from as early as 8 AM.
The smartphones that were on sale at Mi Home included the newly launched Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 4. Other Xiaomi products like audio accessories, Mi VR Play, Mi Air Purifier 2 (for those still wondering what is the best air purifier), Mi Router 3C and Mi Band 2 were also available.
The Redmi 4 which will be available online on 23rd May has seen phenomenal demand from buyers and is available now also. Xiaomi VP and Xiaomi India MD, Manu Jain was extremely happy regarding the response and felt humbled. He posted a message on facebook :
It was an extremely emotional day for all of us! I am humbled by the unprecedented outpouring of love from all our Mi Fans 🙂 .
For those uninitiated, Mi Home Stores are offline stores selling Xiaomi products ranging from smartphones to air purifiers. If you are looking for an AC you can visit this source. The consumers can also try the products before buying, giving relief to those who were sceptical about buying online. Also Xiaomi products are so much in demand that its next to impossible to buy their products especially smartphones online and this causes frustrations among users. Here is hoping that this would relieve the buyers from such unnecessary hassles.
As it turns out this is a great achievement by any measure. Xiaomi plans to open as many as 100 Mi Home store in the next two years. Upcoming stores will open in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Chennai.
Let’s have a look at Xiaomi’s achievements this year:
- #1 brand in the online smartphone market with 40.6% market share
- #2 brand in the overall smartphone market with 14.2% share (as per IDC’s Q1 report)
- More than 4 million Redmi 3s phones sold
- 8 million Redmi Note 4 phones sold in Q1 2017
- 5 crore revenue in first 12 hours at Mi Home
Undoubtedly, a great year waits ahead for Xiaomi.
Source : Manu Kumar Jain (Facebook Profile)