Qualcomm today announced a new range of mobile processors, Snapdragon 660 and Snapdragon 630. These processors are a massive leap forward for the mid range segment and bring them at par with high end processors in few respects.
These processors bring a number of firsts to the 600 series. Both these processors are built on the highly efficient 14nm process.
Snapdragon 660 comes with a multitude of enhancements like Qualcomm Spectra™ ISP is supported for the first time in the 600 tier, and Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for up to 600 Mbps down link speeds. It comes with Adreno 512 GPU, a first for 600 series and as a result the graphics performance of Snapdragon 660 is better than Snapdragon 653 by 30%.
- Process : Built on 14nm technology
- Processor: 8x Qualcomm® Kryo™ 260 CPU, Up to 2.2 Ghz
- Kryo™ CPU with 20% better performance
- Modem : Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for up to 600 Mbps downlink speeds
- 2×2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Hedxacon DSP with improved battery life
- Antenna :TruSignal adaptive antenna technology with carrier aggregation
- GPU :GPU performance improved by 30%
- Camera : Upto 24 megapixels Camera support with zero shutter lag
- Dual Camera Support :16MP + 16MP for dual cameras
- Video :4K video capture and playback
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fast Charging : Quick Charge 4.0, 15 minutes of charging can bring a phone’s battery up 50 percent.
Snapdragon 630 is an upgrade to Snapdragon 626 . It is 10% faster than the Snapdragon 626 and it’s graphic performance is also 30% faster. Let’s have a look at what else it has to offer.
- Process :Built on 14nm technology
- Processor : 8x ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, Up to 2.2 Ghz
- Modem :Snapdragon X12 LTE modem
- Antenna : TruSignal adaptive antenna technology with carrier aggregation
- Image processor : 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP
- Camera : 24 megapixels with zero shutter lag
- Dual Camera: 13MP + 13MP for dual cameras
- Video : 4K video capture and playback
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fast Charging: Quick charge 4.0, 15 minutes of charging can bring a phone’s battery up 50 percent.
Over the past few years the mid range segment has witnessed massive leap in performance and these processors are a step ahead in the right direction.
Source : Qualcomm