It’s been a few months since Apple brought in the concept of Live Photos with the iPhone 6S/6S Plus and since then one or the other third party applications have been extended the support to this new concept pictures. To give you an idea, the Live photos are the photos in which the camera captures the audio and video of 1.5 seconds before and after the shutter button is pressed.
Just after Live Photos were launched, Tumblr started supporting it and in early December Facebook, the most widely used social network decided to support the Live Photos. Facebook however decided to roll out the feature slowly across the globe, so while some people got the feature back at that time and some are still waiting for the same.
It is possible to take live photos only with iPhone right now however Facebook makes it possible for iPhone users (be it iPhone 4) running iOS 9 to view the pictures. Once uploaded the pictures seem to be like the normal picture, but with every picture there is small icon with concentric circles, the same symbol with Apple uses to signify Live Photos, clicking which you will be able to view the live picture associated with it.
Let’s just have a look at the steps to upload a Live picture on Facebook.
- In case it is not, just update you Facebook app to the latest version
- Go to the feed screen on the Facebook app once you login
- Click on upload picture button the top
- Select the Live Photo to upload, there is a trick here, you would not be able to identify the pic in the feed because there is not icon denoting the same. Once you upload it, click the ‘Live’ button on the bottom right. Make sure you press it otherwise the Facebook will treat the image as a normal image and will upload a still picture.
- Just edit and add status to your picture and post the image
As mentioned above, you can view the Live Images using your iOS devices running iOS 9. While viewing the picture uploaded, click the concentric circle icon located at the bottom of the display picture and the Live Photo starts playing until you remove your finger.
Looks like fun? Just try uploading some pictures, most of the times of I try taking a Live photo I end up getting a blurred picture and when I don’t expect, it comes up really beautiful.
Should you have any queries for the same, feel free to state in the comment section below and we will be more than happy to resolve it. #Love