Anytime of the year and we can not keep ourselves from updating with the new models coming up from Samsung. And this time of the year it is the Samsung Galaxy S7 series that is making the news, be it the prices or the features that the behemoth is going to offer with its most awaited models of 2016, everything is buzzing around on the social media. And recently Weibo came up with the rumoured pricing of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and the expected specifications. (Check the table below for the same.)
Amidst the rumours, we have consolidated the list of features that are in the air and these are likely to be a part of the flagship product based on the sources that have released including the much trusted Sammobile.
- Expandable Storage: It has been long rumoured that Samsung would come back with the expandable storage option unlike the trend it followed in 2015 where there was no expandable storage. This news becomes strong with the fact that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow allows integration of the external storage with the internal storage. Venturebeat mentions that Samsung could take the expandable storage right upto 200GB.
- Snapdragon and Exynos Processors Variants: You must be aware about the Samsung’s experiment to power the Galaxy S6 devices with their own Exynos processors for the devices in Kroea and for the all other areas they had the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon, this was a sign that Samsung could be soon moving towards the approach of using only the Exynos processors in their devices however as of now it seems that Samsung gonna put their processor under test for 2016 as well. The news comes forward that Samsung will produce 4 variants of Galaxy S7 which would be Galaxy S7 (powered by Exynos and Snapdragon) and Galaxy S7 Edge (powered by Exynos and Snapdragon) all supported by 4GB of RAM.
- 3D Touch: With their competitors already using the technology in iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus, it is very much expected that Samsung would be using some variant of the 3D Touch or the pressure sensing SUPER AMOLED screen in the S7 variants. It would be worth a wait to see how they come up with this experiment and would there be any law suits by Apple to follow.
- Water Resistance: It is expected that the Samsung Galaxy S7 would follow the IP67 water resistance certifications to go ahead the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus however it is believed that iPhone 7 would water proof level.
- Big Battery Life: As rumoured, there will be a big jump in the battery power of Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to 3000 mAh to 3600 mAh up from 2550 mAh and 2600 mAh respectively.
- Super Fast Camera and Flush Camera Finish: A major change expected in the camera is in the aperture level of the device which is expected to move from f/1.9 to f/1.7, much more than sluggish f/2.2 in iPhone.
- Retina Scanner: This is one feature if they can get in would be a major blow to all the handset manufacturers in the segment and will excite the consumers like anything.
Well, for now we can just sit back and compile the list of these features until an official announcement from Samsung. Meanwhile you can check out the concept video for Samsung Galaxy S7 released by USwitch. And feel free to put your views in the comment section below.