The most eagerly awaited launch in the beginning of 2014 was just witnessed and I am still trying to come out of the shocked feeling that has seeped in.
When it was a fact that the next S phone was to be launched at the MWC, expectations kept scaling as in and when leaks and rumours kept cropping up on tech sites.
All that can be forgotten as the official S5 offers so much more than what we expected or wanted it to be. I would bow down to Samsung for daring to attempt on making a phone that is as simple as possible yet comes with specifications which a techie would be blown out when hearing or seeing.
|Features||Samsung Galaxy S5|
|Display||5.1”FHD Super AMOLED(1920 * 1080)|
|Processor||2.5Ghz Quad Core Application Processor|
|Storage||16/32Gb upto 64GB|
|Camera||16MP rear& 2.1MP front|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2×2)|
|Dimensions||142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g|
|Colours||Charcoal Black, Shimmery White|
Some of the other exciting features include :
- Auto Focus – First smartphone to ever feature a auto focus with a unbelievable speed of 0.3 seconds
- Selective Focus
- Virtual Focus
2. Video :-
- UHD @30fps
- Video Stabilisation
3. 4G LTE and Faster Wi-Fi
4. IP67 dust and water resistant
5. Finger scanner to make payments
6. Ultra power saving mode – This shuts down every other feature in the phone and just retains messaging and calling feature with a standby guarantee of 24hrs
7. Private Mode – Mode to lock in videos , photos etc that can only be unlocked using a fingerprint
8. Heart rate monitor (HRM) – real time data on the heart beat by placing a finger on the sensor near the rear camera
A more detailed hands-on will follow once all the products under MWC are launched.
While there is no word on the price yet, press release from Samsung says that the S5 will be available from April 11th worldwide.
Image Courtesy : The Verge